If your computer is running slow and you want to speed up your PC and boot time, there are five things you can do:
1 – Get Windows 8:
Firstly, measure how many seconds it takes for your Windows to boot and compare to the general benchmarks below. If you have Windows 7 and it boots at around 38 seconds, that is normal; if you want faster boot up, then you need to switch to Windows 8 as the boot-up speed is about twice as fast. Please note that these numbers are for a new computer only. As you use your computer, boot time will naturally increase; but you don’t want it to increase too much and use some tricks to control that as we describe in this article.
2 – Install an SSD:
If you boot-up time is over 1 minute or if you want to bring down you time to as short as possible, best thing you can do is to install a solid state drive. You can always delete some of the programs or large files to free up your hard disk. However, this takes time since you have to prioritize your files importance and in the end have to delete some stuff.
3 – Disable most start-up programs:
If you don’t want to invest in an SSD solid state drive, the faster and more stable way to increase your boot-up speed is to use a start-up helper program that would delay the start of some of the programs. The program which is not used every time in the computer should be unchecked to stop it from automatically starting. To complete this process go to ‘Start’ and then to ‘Accessories’ and select ‘Run’. Enter. With ‘Startup’ tab find out the desired program from the list, uncheck it and click ’OK’. Also clear the undesired desktop shortcuts because more the shortcuts on the desktop, more time the computer takes up to load and start. Some software programs enable you to manage you start-up easily. A good registry program (see below) would have a feature to manage your start-up programs. I would disable all programs except the ones related to Windows/Systems, audio and wi-fi and install Windows Security Center instead of AVG or McAfee. Windows Security is light on your computer processing power and is as effective as others if not more, so you can get some boost in boot time using that program instead of others.
4 – Delete unused programs and large files:
Important step to increase the performance of PC is to uninstall programs, generally not used by you. Some of them might have been installed by the manufacturer and few might have been used by you temporarily. For removing program, use inbuilt ‘Uninstall’ feature by going to ‘Control Panel’ through ‘Start Menu’ and right click the desired program.
Clear the hard drive of not regularly used files, large files of video and photos. It is advisable to keep such files in a flash drive so that these can be used when desired. This can be done easily by plugging the external device in USB drive of computer and transferring the selected file to external file from hard drive. After getting transferred to storage device, file on hard drive can be deleted to provide more space on it, thus reducing loading time of computer.
5 – Use a registry cleaner and system booster:
Files in registry of computer should also be removed by running an effective registry cleaner and performance booster such as Advanced System Care PRO. We researched many registry cleaners in the market and we recommend Advanced System Care PRO, which increases the speed of your slow PC up to 300%. Advanced SystemCare, flagship product from reputable software company IObit, has been downloaded over 200 million times worldwide. It ranks in top 5 on download.com (#1 in diagnostic software), with 150 thousands downloads a week (as of this writing). It has received many rewards from the best references in PC sector such as CNET, PC Magazine, PC World ZDNet. The program has an amazing user interface, with a simple one-click diagnostic and fix tool. It also has a start-up manager, where you can manage your start-up programs to increase your Windows boot up speed. Its customer service is also top-notch.
Why do you need such a registry cleaner and optimizer? Files installed or downloaded are saved in registry of computer. Even if you may have removed some of the programs; files related to the program continue to stay in the registry and consume processing power. These registry files are detected through a Windows Booster and then deleted to clean registry for better performance and boot time of the computer.
Advanced SystemCare has various tools that you can use in order to improve the performance of your computer. Tools like privacy cleaner, disk defragger are just few of the most useful ones. The free version offers only basic protection, while the paid version will enable you tons of great tools, including: system tuneup for better performance, real time optimization and active optimization, up to 300% internet speedup with Internet booster.
One of my favorite features is surely the Turbo Boost. This will improve the performance of your computer and you will definitely feel it. You can use this while you playing games or in situations when you want to use the maximum power of your computer.
There are various other benefits of using Advanced System Care in addition to improving PC boot time
- It prevents Computer from crashing – It removes the registries that can make computer crash possible. It also removes spyware and back trap door virus from your computer by disabling their registry.
- It boosts the Computer Performance – You can enjoy the visible difference in your computer performance after using this software. It will reduce the computing timing by removing useless registry from the operation stacks.
- It fixes all the registry problems – If you are facing problems in running authentic program then you can use this software for fixing the registry problems. In most of the cases, it restores functionality of your desirable software without wasting lot of time.
- Manages start-up programs – It enables you to manage your start-up programs very easily. This step is very important as we mentioned in the earlier section and you can get it done with this program as we demonstrated in the video.
- Detail scanning results – It provides you complete summary of problematic registry, action taken and location of the registry. You can also manually control all these scans by using custom setting of this software.
- Registry Restore option – In case you require any deleted registry than you can easily avail it without any problem as it stores the entire deleted registry for considerable time period.
- Compatible – It is completely compatible with various operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista etc as well as with 2003 server.